The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius
Begins Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Space is limited, so please apply early. Registration deadline is August 18. The application period will close when 8 spaces are filled.
Spiritual Exercises Format
This is not the 30-day experience most people associate with the Exercises, but rather it is the "long retreat" for those who cannot take a month away from their busy lives. The length of the retreat allows time for reflection and integration. It will be given in the following format:
- A discernment interview, which will be arranged after receipt of completed application
- 31 sessions (one each week) of contemplative prayer in an atmosphere of natural beauty and peace
- 9 individual spiritual direction sessions
- Group spiritual direction sessions at each weekly meeting
- Two extended retreat sessions with a potluck meal
- Opening retreat with meal provided
You will need to purchase The Ignatian Adventure: Experiencing the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius in Daily Life by Father Kevin O'Brien, S.J. (Loyola Press, September 2011).
Please read pages 1-30 prior to the September 19 meeting.
Marilyn Granucci and Liz Lawhead
Application and Resources
Please pay the $50 nonrefundable application fee online when you submit your application. If you complete the application electronically, email the PDF to email@example.com. If you complete the application by hand, please send by postal mail to Mercy Center, 2300 Adeline Drive, Burlingame, CA 94010, Attn: Brittany Soracco - Spiritual Exercises.
For further information, email Brittany Soracco or call 650.340.7495.